7.01.2010

Trapped in Nowhere

And I restart my posting with a rant about living on the edge of nothingness. Don't get me wrong, I like rural areas, and small towns, but living in the countryside with nothing to do doesn't jive with me at this time in my life. I've begun to wish (even though I know it would've never happened) that instead of moving from the suburbs to the countryside (like I dreamed of when I was a kid), that my parents had moved us to the city, however much real urbanity there is in Austin.

After being at school for a year in Eugene, Oregon, I hate being isolated in this house even more. Being 9 miles away from the closest town is no longer a source of pride, but of agony. Especially when our property lacks any real exciting features; no hidden canyons, or high hills. I wish it was only a mile to a bookstore, or even a bakery. Having to get into the car and drive to do anything at all; I'd rather face total sensory overload than having to deal with trying to make up stuff to do.

It's also a lot harder to keep in shape; when living in Eugene, I could just ride my bike around town, exploring, or going shopping; here, the only roads are two-lane highways with 60 mph speed limits, which I'm a bit wary of biking on.

In point, there are days I can't wait to go back to school. I'm bored out of my mind here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're invited to comment on my blogging!